Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Introduction

To set the record straight from the start, this is not an original idea. About a year ago, I was talking with a close friend who made the conscious decision to listen to every single album he had in his music library, categorize it, rate it, and determine whether he should retain the album in his library. While not a radical notion, it can actually turn into a rather daunting task, considering what the digital age has given us in terms of ease of obtaining music. So, some ground rules:


  1. I will only review full albums that I own. If I only own partial albums, I will not treat the a la carte selections as eligible for review.
  2. Official Live Albums are in scope. Sometimes live performance changes the way you perceive an artist or band. Why not give the live show its due and put live releases on the table. 
  3. Soundtracks: Original scores are okay, soundtracks that are simply compilation records of different artists are off limits. 
Fairly simple. Considering the extensive size of my music library, this should take a good long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment